Introducing the AirBeam Swap – an Urban95 initiative
Join the first ever Urban95 air quality data collection community and collect data on the air you and young children around you breathe every day.
Would you like to be part of a community to increase awareness on your local air quality, the importance of clean air for babies and toddlers, its impact on their brain development and their health? Join the AirBeam Swap!
What will you sign up for?
You are signing up to host an air quality monitor (AQM) for up to 3 months to collect local air quality data in public spaces you frequent and those that are frequented by babies, toddlers and their caregivers. After your host time is up, you will pass on the AQM to another person in your region.
By signing up you also commit to:
- Share data, observations, and experiences with peers with similar interests and learn about other tools and tactics to map air pollution.
- Participate in recurrent peer learning sessions/meetings for reporting and learning purposes.
- Send the air quality monitor to another person in the community (shipping and transport costs covered by our organisation).
The Swap Journey
Measure air quality for 1-3 months and pass it on to the next person in the chain.
- Sign up using this form, deadline October 15th.
- Join the mandatory kick-off intro call on the first week of November, that will guide you through the process of setting up the AirBeam account and device, specifics on how and where to collect data etc.
If selected, we will get in touch with you with more detailed information and you will receive 1 AirBeam + (if required) 1 Android device ready to start measuring air quality.*
Spread the word and invite others!
For more information please email Maria.Tabares@bvleerf.nl.
* The amount of air quality monitors is limited, therefore the selection process will consider a balanced geographical portfolio.