CityLab kicks off series of articles on raising families in the city
Over the coming year BvLF is funding the Atlantic Group’s CityLab, one of the world’s leading media outlets covering urban issues, to produce an in-depth series of 10 articles under the heading Room to Grow: Raising tiny humans in the city. The first article is now online, looking at whether the challenges of parenting young children in Seoul is undermining the South Korean government’s drive to increase the country’s birth rate.
- November 26: What Happens to Kid Culture When You Close the Streets to Cars
- October 12: The ‘Cafes’ Where Women Go to Breastfeed
- October 2: How Bogotá’s Cycling Superhighway Shaped a Generation
- September 24: The Parks Where Kids (and Their Parents) Walk and Read at the Same Time
- August 22: ‘Risky’ Playgrounds Are Making a Comeback
- August 13: How Kids Learn to Navigate the City (and the World), in Five Designs
- August 3: South Korea Is Trying to Boost its Birth Rate. It’s Not Working.