Online now: Early Childhood Matters 2020
We are proud to present the 2020 edition of Early Childhood Matters, which explores how leaders and service providers have adapted to the unprecedented restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this historical year, the Bernard van Leer Foundation’s mission – ‘ensuring a good start for all children’ – has never been more relevant. It is critical to invest in the future by meeting the challenges of today.
The 33 articles in the 2020 edition comprise:
Inspiration from leaders including:
- Laura Chinchilla Miranda, former President of Costa Rica;
- Constanza Alarcón, Colombia’s Vice-minister of Basic and Middle Preschool Education;
- Princess Dina Mired of Jordan;
- Erion Veliaj, Mayor of Tirana, Albania; and
- Teresa Surita, Mayor of Boa Vista, Brazil.
As well as…
Insights into scaling early childhood solutions, from supporting caregiver mental health to urban design and planning.
Innovations from around the world, including how the COVID-19 pandemic stimulated the use of new technologies in early childhood services.
Impressions of new ideas and research, from childhood and climate change to putting childcare at the centre of a feminist economic recovery.