Vacancy: Communications Assistant (closed)
Please note that this vacancy is closed and we no longer accept applications.
Are you client-oriented, well-organized, and are you passionate to communicate about international development? Do you love to contribute especially to the development of young children? This might be your job.
We are seeking a Communications Assistant who is creative and has a strong ability to structure activities. In this role, you provide support to all communications activities of our team. This means you provide all staff with good communications material for external communications. Additionally, you facilitate internal communications and reporting. You will have the opportunity to participate in a number of exciting new external and internal communication activities. You will work within the Dutch office located in The Hague and report to the Publishing Officer.
The main tasks in this job are:
- Developing new communications materials for the BvLF
- Launching the 2017 Early Childhood Matters, our signature publication
- Expanding distribution through new partnerships
- Developing new knowledge products under the ECM ‘brand’
- Coordinating a more structured approach to internal and external reporting
- Liaising with our designers and copywriters
- Supporting the publication production process
- Coordinating the digital publication and dissemination process
- Responding to internal and external requests for publications
- Contributing to our social media feeds
We are looking for a person who has the following skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree or significant work experience related to communications
- Strong affinity for and love for communications
- Highly organised and pro-active, with a demonstrated ability to manage projects and to organise one’s own work
- Strong skills in Word, Powerpoint and a range of digital tools
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Dutch and/or Spanish is highly desirable
- Passionate about social change or international development, and driven to make a difference in the lives of the youngest citizens
- Master the following competencies: teamwork, learning ability, result-orientation, planning and organisation, creativity, client-orientedness and written communication.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
- Working hours: 37.5 hours
- 1-Year contract
- Location: The Hague
- International and professional working environment
- Colleagues passionate to contribute to the development of young children
- Possibility for personal development
The Bernard van Leer Foundation is an international foundation based in The Hague. Since its inception in 1949, the Bernard van Leer Foundation has worked in more than 50 countries and invested over half a billion dollars toward their mission: to improve opportunities for young children growing up in circumstances of social and economic disadvantage.
Read more in the job description (pdf). Are you enthusiastic for the job? Please send your detailed resume and motivational letter to Ms. Agnes Buis – firstname.lastname@example.org by March 24th 2017 and mention in the subject Application for Communications Assistant. Interviews will be on April 11th.